I know, it sounds gross. Maybe it is? All I know is that the sauce alone in this pizza makes me crazy about it, I love it! The only disadvantage is that you won’t have access to my homemade pickles, which is one of the reasons the sauce is so delicious. This is definitely NOT a healthy pizza, but maybe good for a guy’s party or something?
- ½ cup warm water (about 110°)
- 1 envelope (2 ¼ tsp.) instant yeast
- 1 ¼ cups water, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (22 oz.) bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- olive oil or non-stick cooking spray for greasing the bowl
Measure the warm water into a 2-cup liquid measuring cup. Sprinkle in the yeast and let stand until the yeast dissolves and swells, about 5 minutes. Add the room temperature water and oil and stir to combine.
Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Briefly combine the dry ingredients at low speed. Slowly add the liquid ingredients and continue to mix at low speed until a cohesive mass forms. Stop the mixer and replace the paddle with the dough hook. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Form the dough into a ball, put it in a deep oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 ½ to 2 hours. Press the dough to deflate it. This recipe is enough dough for 2 pizzas.
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/2 c chopped dill pickles
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Mix all together and set aside until needed.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- dill pickle slices (optional)
- Place the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until evenly browned. Season with seasoning salt, drain off grease, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Once pre-heated, put the crust in alone for 5-6 minutes, remove from oven.
- Spread sauce on the pizza crust. Top with a layer of ground beef and onion. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted. Allow pizza to cool for about 5 minutes, then slice into wedges and top with lettuce, tomato and pickles, if desired. (I actually put the tomatoes under the cheese and cook the whole thing, but that is up to you.)